Sunday 20 October 2024

October newsletter: stickers, Disclosure


Lara Pawson’s Spent Light, published by CBe early this year, is shortlisted for the Goldsmiths Prize. There will readings by the six shortlisted writers – an awesome bunch: read these rather than the Booker shortlist – at Goldsmiths next Wednesday, 23 October. Free, but reserve a ticket here.

There were problems with the publicity stickers for the books so I had some printed myself and took stickered copies to the distributor, Central Books, on Friday. Over the past week or so I’ve done two more trips, each time with 100 copies. It gets me away from the desk. Meanwhile, Do Not Send Me Out Among Strangers by Joshua Segun-Lean, published in May, had a kind blog review last week. I don’t expect to be lugging many hundreds of copies of this book over to the warehouse but it is still more than worth publishing.

Both books will be on the CB table at the annually wonderful Small Publishers Fair next week – Friday and Saturday, 25 and 26 October, Conway Hall, London. Please do come. They can also be bought individually from the website or as part of the six-books-for-£45 deal (or 12 for £80), free postage, available from the website home page.

Several months ago I had an email from a film company asking if it was OK by me to have a copy of the CBe edition of Agota Kristof’s The Notebook on show in a TV series starring Cate Blanchett and Kevin Kline. Disclosure has now been released on Apple TV. That edition of Kristof's book is now officially out of print, replaced by Trilogy, but a free copy of The Notebook to anyone who sends me a screenshot of the book in the series; I’ve watched two and a half episodes myself but doubt I’ll be watching more.

No comments: